Corporate Services for the Municipality of Greenstone encompasses all aspects of municipal finances and reporting including the operating and capital budget, property taxes, water and sewer rates, user fees and billings and collections.
Each council in Ontario is required by law to appoint a treasurer. The treasurer is responsible for handling all of the financial affairs of the municipality on behalf of and in the manner directed by the council of the municipality, including:
- collecting money payable to the municipality and issuing receipts for those payments;
- depositing all money received on behalf of the municipality in a financial institution designated by the municipality;
- paying all debts of the municipality and other expenditures authorized by the municipality;
- maintaining accurate records and accounts of the financial affairs of the municipality;
- providing the council with such information with respect to the financial affairs of the municipality as it requires or requests;
- ensuring investments of the municipality are made in compliance with the regulations made under section 418 of the Act.
The Treasurer of the Municipality of Greenstone is Wm. Jack Kuzminski.
For more information or to contact Mr. Kuzminski,
Tel: (807) 854-1100 ext. 2025
Fax: (807) 854-2360
Finance and Administration
The Finance and Administration Dept. is responsible for the billing, collection, and general inquiries related to property taxes and charges for water and sewer services.
The Department handles:
- customer inquiries on account charges and balances, payment plans and basic questions about assessment.
- maintains the tax rolls, provides information to lawyers, real estate agents and mortgage companies while acting as agents for the property owners.
- maintains all accounts receivable and accounts payable functions.
The Municipality is not responsible for determining a property's assessed value. For detailed assessment information please contact the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation.
For further information please contact Denis Cloutier, Office Manager:
Tel: (807) 854-1100 ext. 2030
fax: (807) 854-1947