The Provincial Order-in-Council gives the municipality authority to issue licences for most lottery events conducted in their communities, including:
- Bingo events with prize board of up to $5,500;
- Raffles with prizes up to $50,000;
- Break Open Ticket events that are not conducted in conjunction with another event and where the tickets are sold within the municipality;
- Bazaar gaming events; and
- Media bingo.
Municipal and provincial licensing officials must:
- Determine whether an organization is eligible for lottery licensing in Ontario, according to the guidelines set out in the Lottery Licensing Policy Manual (LLPM);
- issue and administer licences in a fair and equitable manner,
- consistent with the policies set on in the LLPM; and
Ensure that licensees meet the requirements of the Criminal Code (Canada), the Order-in-Council and the term and conditions of their licences.
Municipal Lottery Licensing Staff
Please call the Municipal Lottery Officer in your Ward Office for more detailed information on your lottery questions.
Wendy Vezina, Lottery Clerk
Karen Niemi, Chief Lottery Licensing Officer
854-1100 ext. 2026
Nicole Desgroseilliers, Lottery Clerk
Georgette Abraham, Lottery Clerk
Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario
Gaming Registration and Lotteries
90 Sheppard Avenue East, Suite 200
TORONTO, ON M2N 0A4
Toll Free: 1 800 522 2876
Phone: (416) 326 8700